Directional Drilling is a steerable, trenchless solution for installing pipes ‘Cost Effectively’ in areas of Special Engineering Difficulties (SED’s), which is now a preferred solution used extensively within the Construction Industry.
We believe that we are operating one of the largest Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) Fleets in Europe. Our ability to undertake HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling) works at short notice, because of our extensive Fleet of HDD’s, provides us with a competitive advantage over other Drilling Companies. Our ability to undertake work at short notice and complete in a timely and cost effective manner provides our Client’s with a comfort that their projects can be delivered in time and within their budget.
HDD works are commonly used to pass under:
- Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Rivers and Water Courses
Some of the added benefits of using HDD techniques are:
- No Section 58 restrictions affecting our works
- No deep excavations are needed
- No disruption to the Users of the obstacle being passed
- No Road Closures, Restricted Working or, Premium Rates applied
- The Footprint of the HDD is relatively small, so minimal impact upon the Environment
Utility Clients have also recognised the cost saving opportunities of “stitch drilling”, which is used to install long lengths of duct and cable quicker than what open excavations can undertake these works. This opportunity also significantly reduces the risk of reinstatement failures as the only excavation required is a small opening for the “Launch” and “Reception”